Friday, May 27, 2011

She's HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Life ~ Life as we knew it is completely over, but a new journey is just beginning!!  Our beautiful daughter, Keldyn Scarlet Nichols is here!!!!  She arrived ON her due date!  Alright, so here's my labor and delivery story and then, will be followed by a ton of pictures xD


I went in to be induced on May 24th, at 7:30 AM.  They started me on the foley bulb which is pretty much a balloon that they put into my cervix and fill with a saline solution to help me dilate, when they put it in I was 2cm and 90% effaced, a good place to start for being induced, I had that put in at about 8:30 am and was told that I was already contracting on my own about every 3 minutes (I couldn't feel them) I walked and walked the hallway of the hospital with my mom and Tanner trying to get stronger contractions going, took a good couple laps around the OB ward before I couldn't talk through them anymore.  After that I went back to my room and got into the jacuzzi and sat there for a while, the jets helped give counter pressure for my contractions, by the time I got out, I was feeling like I was going to pass out, couldn't talk, felt VERY weak, so after 4 hours of doing it all on my own, I decided to go ahead and get the epidural, I couldn't do it anymore, and I knew if I kept trying I'd never have the energy to push. After I got the epidural I felt like I was alive again and that I could actually do this.  So I took the time when I was pain free to just rest, watch movies etc, after I got they epidural they also started me on Pitocin to help get my contractions even stronger and more frequent.  I got the balloon taken out at 8:00 PM and they checked me again and I was about 7-8cm.  (The balloon is "supposed to fall out at 4cm, we think her head was pinching the balloon in place which is why it didn't fall out and I was 7-8cm) At about 8:30 the midwife came in and checked me and I was still 8 but my water was bulging, so they told me to just rest and let my body do the work and they might come back and break my water in a bit, so I decided I'd try and take a nap while I could, and at 9:30 I was dozing off, about half asleep when I felt a light pop on the lower side of my belly then a huge gush of water.  I'm happy it broke on it's own!!  Anyway, the midwife came in and checked me again and said I was at a 9, but to just try and relax and continue to let my body do the work of pushing her down farther.  Bout 10-15 minutes later I started get a whole bunch of pressure that they were telling me to watch for, so we let the nurse know, and she checked me again, still 9 but baby is getting lower.  Midwife came in and said "okay, lets try some practice pushes if that will help you feel better"  cause at this point the pressure was getting really uncomfortable.  So I did my practice pushes and it was working, the more I pushed the more pressure I got, so I didn't stop, after 33 minutes of pushing my lil angel Keldyn was born ON her due date!  I got very blessed and didn't tear at all either!  Woohoo!!  When I had told the midwife I didn't wanna tear she looked at me like I was insane as I guess most first time moms do, so I was VERY happy when she told me I didn't!!!


Our beautiful baby girl was born:
May 25th, 2011
at 12:15 AM
Weighing 7lbs 11oz
and she was 19 and 3/4 inches long and she's just perfect!!!!!


I can't get enough of her, I love holding her n giving her kisses and everything, I'm addicted to her hehe!  Such a precious lil angel....  Alrighty, picture time!!!!!!  Hope you all enjoy, and have had a wonderful week like I did!!!




























_Em and Family

No comments:

Post a Comment